- Please Note – The school kitchen is up and running as normal now, so there will be hot meals as usual tomorrow (Thursday).
- Advice & Guidance to Schools Concerning Educational Visits – Please be assured that the School continues to seek advice and help concerning any proposed visits from the Local Authority, Foreign Commonwealth Office and Travel providers. In the meantime, we will update this message as appropriate and be in touch directly with any pupils involved in pre-planned activity. Please see link here.
- Parent View – Please use this link to give feedback to Ofsted about your views of the school but of course do contact us if you have any specific concerns More info.
- South Shropshire Academy Trust – NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED RECENTLY. Click here
- Library Update – Consultation opens on exciting Library project. More info.
- Sports Results Update – Keep up to date with the latest sports news, follow us on twitter.
Finding Key Information
We want to ensure that you are able to quickly find any information that you need on this website and we have provided tabs and links on this homepage that will direct you to the most commonly sought items of information.
Parents and carers may also be interested in the section marked “Ofsted Information” which includes specific information required by Inspectors and our latest Ofsted report. Here you will find information on School Performance; latest examination results; the School Curriculum; Admission arrangements and Pupil Premium and Catch up programmes. Also included is a hyper link to our School Policies.
Church Stretton School celebrates GCSE resultsChurch Stretton School was delighted to celebrate Year 11’s personal success stories on GCSE results day this year. Whether the students achieved a long list of A*s or excellent personal progress, we couldn’t be prouder. The results saw an increase in the number of pupils achieving 5 A* - C (including English and Maths) and also 5 A* - G.
62% of the pupils achieved 5 A* - C (EM) a significant improvement on last year. Over a quarter of the pupils achieved the prestigious English Baccalaureate equivalent. Many pupils obtained outstanding results including Robert Aze 6 A* 5 A, Alex Hearle 11 A* 1 A, Joseph Pepper 8 A* 2 A, Lauren Williams 10 A* 1 A, Sasha Robinson 11 A* 1 A, Sophie Burgoyne 6 A* 3 A, and Bethan Evans 8 A* 3 A.
The results are testament to the hard work of our pupils and staff. I would also like to thank our parents who provided unstinting support through their time in school.
Mr John Parr Head of School
Keeping SafeIssues of children being safe in school are very much in the news at the moment and I thought it might be useful to update you on some of our current arrangements.
Firstly, Child Protection is central to what we do and you will notice in the bottom left hand corner of this Homepage that we have provided a hyper link to the Shropshire Safeguarding Board website, where any concerns can be raised. Secondly, we have now introduced a new Code of Conduct for all visitors to the school. This is on display in Reception and details our arrangements and expectations of visitors.
Finally you may be aware of the Government’s Prevent Strategy which has been introduced to address issues of pupils who may be at risk of radicalisation. We have recently reviewed our programme of study in Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE) and now include topics on British values and the dangers of extremism. Please be assured that in all this work we are aiming to give pupils the confidence, knowledge and skills to make informed choices about keeping safe.
A Welcome From The Principal
Welcome to our website and a very warm welcome from myself, Steve Lunt, Principal of the South Shropshire Academy Trust, which runs both Church Stretton School and Stokesay Primary School, Craven Arms. Each school how has its own Head of School – Mr John Parr at Church Stretton School and Mr Dave Peterson (Acting Head of School) at Stokesay. Church Stretton School is a smaller than average, highly successful 11 - 16 rural comprehensive, serving the small market town of Church Stretton and the wider south Shropshire community. Our mission statement is "Achievement for all" and we aim to deliver this through high quality teaching and first rate educational provision. This is a friendly school where great emphasis is placed upon relationships and community engagement ... Read more here.