- Enjoy The Easter break - We will reopen at 8.50a.m. on Monday, 13th April 2015.
- National Theatre Broadcasts – Thursday, 16th April “The Hard Problem” (Live showing), plus a pre theatre dining experience if required - click here for further details. Tickets are available by contacting Mrs Mortiboy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message on 01694 722209
- Year 9 Pathways Process 2015 – See Document. Pathways booklet here.
- Bad Weather arrangements – See letter.
- Library Update – Consultation opens on exciting Library project. More info.
- Intouch – We are collecting email addresses for Main/Primary contacts. (?). email address here.
- Sports Results Update – Keep up to date with the latest sports news, follow us on twitter.
Working In Trust
I thought it might be useful to remind you that while the school continues to operate successfully for the benefit of our pupils, behind the scenes there have been a number of changes.
Since last November the school has been sponsoring Stokesay Primary School, Craven Arms as part of the newly formed South Shropshire Academy Trust. This means that as Principal of the Trust I have been taking an active interest in the work of the Primary school as well as working closely with Mr Parr, who is now Head of School here. Each school now has its own local governing body and since November there have also been two full meetings of the Board of Trustees. Further plans include the creation of a new Trust website which will be linked to the two school websites.
Already we are seeing the benefits of the new arrangements with numerous colleagues from finance, administration and teaching teams working in both schools. As the Trust develops expect even closer collaboration between the two schools.
You can find out more about the work of the Trust by clicking on the Academy tab at the top of this page.
Best wishes, Steve Lunt, Principal
Exam Results 2014
Congratulations to our Year 11 students who achieved success in this summer’s examinations. In a set of results which were more variable than in previous years (at both national and local level), there were some highly impressive performances – 2 students achieved over 10A*s and 11 students achieved 8+ A*/As. Overall the pass rate was down compared to previous years which was disappointing but is contextualised by OFQUAL’s statement that, due to changes in entry criteria and assessment arrangements, comparison with previous years is difficult. Nationally there has been significantly more variation this year than previously. We were, however, pleased to note that overall Year 11 students had made the progress expected of them and had met their targets. The vast majority obtained places in training, employment or further education. View images.
A Welcome From The Principal
Welcome to our website and a very warm welcome from myself, Steve Lunt, Principal of the South Shropshire Academy Trust, which runs both Church Stretton School and Stokesay Primary School, Craven Arms. Each school how has its own Head of School – Mr John Parr at Church Stretton School and Mr Dave Peterson (Acting Head of School) at Stokesay. Church Stretton School is a smaller than average, highly successful 11 - 16 rural comprehensive, serving the small market town of Church Stretton and the wider south Shropshire community. Our mission statement is "Achievement for all" and we aim to deliver this through high quality teaching and first rate educational provision. This is a friendly school where great emphasis is placed upon relationships and community engagement ... Read more here.